Vacancy Number: ICT/HA/07/2012
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 2-year contract renewable
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is a globally networked research institute based in Africa. ILRI works to help reduce poverty, hunger and environmental degradation by enhancing animal agriculture in developing countries. ILRI positions its work at the dynamic interface of poverty alleviation and sustainable livestock livelihoods. ILRI’s headquarters are in Nairobi, Kenya, with a principal campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), generates science-based knowledge about the complex role that trees play in agricultural landscapes, and uses its research to ensure that policies and practices benefit the poor and the environment. It’s headquartered in Nairobi.
Reporting to the ICT Customer Services Manager, ILRI and ICRAF are seeking to recruit an ICT Helpdesk Administrator to be based at ILRI Offices in Nairobi who will be responsible for managing the ICT service desk as well as providing administrative support to the ICT Unit.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the ICT Helpdesk functions i.e., logging user requests; providing first level support, assigning requests to appropriate ICT staff, monitoring and reporting incidents; generating and sharing of monthly helpdesk reports e.t.c
- Providing Administrative support to the ICT Unit and serve as first point of contact for service providers, suppliers, partners and visitors.
- Maintaining and updating the ICT Unit records and databases and process recharges for services provided through the ICT Department and monitoring the department’s cost centre.
- Managing corporate accounts for services obtained from Telecommunication companies and other service providers.
- Processing the arrival and clearance of staff as per the set procedures and update the ICT portal/website with relevant information as well as participating in ICT Projects as required.
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree computer Science/Information Technology or a Business related field with a higher Diploma in IT.
- At least one year of relevant experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Training in customer service and good customer service orientation; training in Administration will be an added advantage.
- Basic ICT diagnosis, support as well as good communication and interpersonal skills
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus and is for a two- year contract period; renewable subject to availability of funds and individual performance. Salary and benefits will be in line with those provided by ILRI.
Job level and salary: This position is job level 2B and starting salary is KES 65,833 per month. This is exclusive of other benefits provided within ILRI’s National Recruited Staff Scheme.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV combined together explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Human Resources Director by registering at this link: http://www.myjobsinkenya.com/ilri_jobs before 3 August 2012. The position title and reference number REF: ICT/HA/07/2012 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org.
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer