Vacancy Number: FSA/CS/05/12
Department: Corporate services
Duration: 6 Months
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
ILRI seeks to recruit a Financial & Systems Accountant.
- Maintenance of general ledger through authorizing update journals for payables and receivables and those arising from periodic analysis of accounts;
- Review & checking receipting and banking of funds received;
- Review & checking of reconciliations that ensure accuracy of data held – for supplier accounts and bank accounts;
- Supervising the timely processing of payments;
- Review & checking of matching of commitments to goods & services received and supplier invoices. Ensuring tax compliance for payments transactions processed;
- Review & checking of payment requests for payroll, staff related transactions (advance requests, staff accounts withdrawals and retirement of travel advances. Ensure adherence to set policies and procedures;
- Review & verify supplier invoices payments via cheques & Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs).
- Assist Finance manager in coordinating end month financial closing process;
- Assist Finance manager in management of change in finance unit during implementation of the new ERP;
- Generation of audit schedules from time to time;
- Supervising the document filing and retrieval system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related course.
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K), ACCA or CIMA full qualifications.
- 4-5 years relevant supervisory experience in an international NGO or an international organization.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software required preferably SUN accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Good personal organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills across all levels.
- Adaptive to change.
Duration: 6 Months
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV (2 pgs max (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Human Resources Director by registering at this link: http://www.myjobsinkenya.com/ilri_jobs before 31 May 2012. The position title and reference number; FSA/CS/05/12 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org.
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.